Thursday, April 13, 2006

Potential Bitch

There is no greater adversary than ones own potential. Bla bla bla bla bla.

Everybody is always so sure about what I could be doing. If I would just apply myself it should be better.

In the few times I have managed to far surpass the wildest expectations, I was thusly informed that the problem was the potential was measured incorrectly. I'm not great I'm an anomaly.

Unfathomably, I remain myself. Obviously to the dismay of my great-ass potential.

Nothing is impossible.
Everything that can happen, does happen.
Create your reality.

Don't tell me what kind of day to have.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Well Jack, if you ask me I'd say that you are pretty fucking amazing regardless of what others think you could or should be. Potential... bollocks! Who the hell are they to measure your potential? You have more profound thoughts sitting on the can than most of these carbon blobs have in their entire existences that they delusionally call lives!

And oh yeah, it WAS my birthday last week... maybe you'd have remembered if you were only living up to your potential!

Gabriel said...

I think the word potential is being taken out of context in this case. Aren't you talking about the potential to change your old ways? Yes, NO ONE should tell you how to live your life. The pursuit of happiness is one of our basic rights.
You HAVE surpassed my wildest expectations, but the potential isn't measured incorrectly, the timing is off. And you are great, I wouldn't be with you otherwise.
Nothing is impossible, but reality creates us.
Try to have a good day. Yada yada yada. And Happy Birthday, Jon!